Wednesday, June 20, 2007

MISSING PIECES, I

I was away in June and wasn't able to post on two significant dates. Most recently: June 16th, Bloomsday. What to say? I don't put all that much stress on the day itself, other than using the date as the setting for Between Days. On his blog, my friend Andrew simply quoted a passage from the book. That seems best, so here's a favorite passage:

--Co-me, thou lost one!
Co-me, thou dear one!

Alone. One love. One hope. One comfort me. Martha, chest-note, return.
--Come!
It soared, a bird, it held its flight, a swift pure cry, soar silver orb it leaped serene, speeding, sustained, to come, don't spin it out too long long breath he breath long life, soaring high, high resplendent, aflame, crowned, high in the effulgence symbolistic, high, of the ethereal bosom, high, of the high vast irradiation everywhere all soaring all around about the all, the endlessnessnessness . . .
--To me!
Siopold!
Consumed.
Come. Well sung. All clapped. She ought to. Come. To me, to him, to her, you too, me, us.

No comments: